jueves, 10 de abril de 2014

The writer and the word

Once I had a dream...well, I am not really sure whether it was a dream or a nightmare, because it seemed so real. I was looking for you, as always. I know how much you love to play hide and seek with me. And the place, it was so familiar, do you remember when I played in my grandma's old house? Oh, that long corridor, with all the doors closed and all that darkness...Suddenly, I opened one door and the light blinded me, but I managed to reach for an instant, and then you ran away. Then I kept on opening all the doors with the same sad result. At one point, I heard your feet tiptoeing on the old wooden stairs, and I rushed to follow you, but when I reached the top I heard your laughter echoing from the bottom. I went downstairs again, knowing there was no escape from the cellar. I caught you! And as soon as I touched you, instantaneously you were shrinking and looked so tiny on my hand. However, you were as fast as when you were bigger and you started running under my sleeve immediately. I felt your tiny feet climbing towards my shoulder, then my neck, my chin, my lips, the tip of my tongue...Oh word, there you are!

The End

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario